We love what we do. From the day we first meet your heart-melting puppy to the days of geriatric care, University Animal Hospital’s staff is devoted to giving you our best, keeping your four-legged family members healthy. Because you are part of our extended family, we have gathered a superior medical staff to ensure your pup’s needs are met. Count on Manhattan’s University Animal Hospital for the right answers at all life stages.
Puppy Care. As much as we live for puppy cuddles and kisses, puppy care is serious medicine.
University Animal Hospital:
- Offers core and lifestyle vaccinations.
- Tests for and treats intestinal parasites (worms).
- Performs a comprehensive physical evaluation of your puppy.
- Identifies congenital, acquired, genetic, and breed specific conditions.
- Provides medications for heartworm, flea, and tick prevention and treatment.
We will answer your questions on everything from breed specific issues to behavioral problems. Whether it’s time for vaccines or spaying or neutering your puppy, make University Animal Hospital your first call.
Wellness Care. We are as devoted to keeping your dog a healthy member of your family as you are. That care starts with regular, comprehensive physical exams and includes laboratory tests, treatment for intestinal, and external parasites, and heartworm prevention. Because we are committed to giving your pet only the treatments, vaccinations and medicines your pet truly needs, we check your adult dog’s immunity against viral diseases prior to vaccinating for those diseases. Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Illness and Injury. When something isn’t right with your dog, know that we have the right medical team and the technology to manage the problem with care, precision and compassion.
- Diagnostic Care. University Animal Hospital has the tools on premise to best ensure a timely diagnosis: laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasound, and endoscopy. Our diagnostic tools and staff specialist make us your best choice for diagnosis and treatment.
- Surgical Care. We set the standard for dog surgery on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. With two surgical specialists on staff and a state-of-the-art sterile surgical suite, University Animal Hospital manages tumor removal, orthopedic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, and more for an effective and timely resolution of your dog’s illness or injury.
- Dental Care. Your dog’s teeth are as critical to his or her health as yours are to you. Tartar buildup and periodontal disease become rampant as pets age. Our dental care program manages that and treats tooth damage. Dental care begins with a full dental evaluation and digital dental radiography, followed by dental work performed while your pet is under anesthesia. Schedule an appointment today for your pet’s dental exam.
- Healing and Pain Management. We have many tools at our disposal to help your dog heal and minimize pain, from pain medication to advanced surgical techniques to physical therapy. A piece of our cutting-edge technology is our class IV Companion therapy laser unit used for non-invasive reduction of pain and inflammation.
Senior Pet Care. We work hand-in-hand with you to ensure your dog enjoys a happy, healthy, and very long life. That often means more intensive management as your pet ages. At University Animal Hospital, we believe the key is to diagnose illness early for best management, whether for heart disease, kidney disease, or arthritis. As your dog ages, we’ll recommend more frequent evaluations and testing. We will work with you and your family to counter and support the inevitable signs of aging.
University Animal Hospital is your premiere Manhattan dog hospital. Call today to see what our exceptional staff and facility can offer you.